New to forum and need info on 250 Monza

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

motoital

Re: New to forum and need info on 250 Monza

Postby motoital » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 am

They were just some nos cables and some other small bits.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

tobydmv wrote: how can I verify this is not a Mototrans bike? Was told by a friend that Mototrans didnt make narrowcase models.
____ Your uninformed friend likely assumed-so simply because Berliner had-not imported Mototrans-models until after Ducati granted Mototrans license to produce w-c.motors, but I've gathered that MOST of the Ducati-motored Mototrans-models were n-c.motored (and kept-out of the U.S.).
__ I sort-of wish that most-all Mototrans-models had also been imported over-here, so as to make related-things even more interesting than they already are,, but that would've certainly made for far more confusion concerning all the related details that we all have to deal with.
If it weren't for all the damn overpaid union-workers, DUCATIs could've been sold more competitively-priced and thusly would've become popular enough to have made it worth-it for Cosmo.motors (or the like) to have also imported the Mototrans-versions into the U.S. as well.
__ There are numerous detail-signs to tell Mototrans n-c.motors from actual Ducati-made pieces, (such as 250-cyl.head design) ! _ But this issue actually isn't much of any real concern for n-c.models here in the USA.

____ BTW, you could quite possibly source NOS.250-pistons for near 1/3rd of the "$350" you heard-of somewhere.

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 pm

I don't think Mototrans were sold as such here in Australia either, except for the odd demo model.
But I heard that Ducati marketed Spanish made wide case models covertly, even with "Made In Italy" labels.
I don't know if that's true.

Curiously, for a short time you could buy a 250 Monza here for cheaper than a Honda CB250.
Ducatis weren't always fashionable.

tobydmv

Postby tobydmv » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:26 am

Proud new owner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”