Quick Question - Cush Drive

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Cam3512

Quick Question - Cush Drive

Postby Cam3512 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 am

Does the cush drive rubber lay flat in the sprocket carrier and then mate to the wheel hub, or lay flat in the hub then install the sprocket carrier? The center circle of the rubber lays flat on one or the other, but I can't remember.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Quick Question - Cush Drive

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 am

[quote= Cam3512 ...
" Does the cush drive rubber lay flat in the sprocket carrier and then mate to the wheel hub, or lay flat in the hub then install the sprocket carrier? "

____ It doesn't much matter really but, it's usually easier to install the s.carrier onto the hub with the cush-rubber left pressed into the carrier.

" The center circle of the rubber lays flat on one or the other, "

____ Some cush-rubbers have a flat-sided center-circle (with only it's opposite-side being rather rounded),, and of all I've ever seen of those type, they were installed (on the carrier) with their flat-side facing leftward.

DUCATIly,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Cam3512

Re: Quick Question - Cush Drive

Postby Cam3512 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks Bob, that's what I did.

Cam

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”