rebuilding a delorto SSi 29D

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

flynbulldog

rebuilding a delorto SSi 29D

Postby flynbulldog » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi guys I'm going to freshen up the SSi 29D delorto in anticipation of getting the Mach1 running.

Can any of you tell me the specs: float level, stock jetting, etc. I want to put it back to original spec before I attempt to start.
I've not disassembled this type of carb before So any insight or tips would be appreciated
Thanks
Mike

SP3

Re: rebuilding a delorto SSi 29D

Postby SP3 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 pm

1991 851 SP3
1966 250 Monza
1999 Monster 900
1999 Monster 750
1998 ST2
1967 Benelli 250 (MW Riverside)

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:15 am

With as few miles as you have reported, the carb should be in pretty good shape. There’s a small bolt on the float bowl cap on the outer edge. This bolt locks the cap in place. Loosen before attempting to unscrew the float bowl cap. Once you get the needle jet block removed and peer down inside the carb, you’ll see a brass jet with a big slot in it to unscrew. If the carb appears t o be pretty clean, you may want to leave this one alone. They can be pretty difficult to remove and the risk is that your screwdriver will slip and round off the slot. If you do decide to remove, make up a screwdriver bit that will fir perfectly in the slot, heat the carb to about 250 degrees then squirt the brass jet from a can of keyboard cleaning compressed air. This will chill the jet and shrink it. Hold the carb body securely in a vise and unscrew the jet. If you didn’t have the retaining clip securing the top cap, check and make sure there isn’t a pin in the hole in the cap locking the nut. Be careful reassembling the bowl to the body , make sure the bowl is clear of the body or when you tighten the nut it can crack the float bowl. The pilot jet and needle jet are pretty delicate; don’t overtighten or they’ll break off at the thread root.

Matt

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:19 am

Awesom! thanks both of you guys very much. :D

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”