SQL errors

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

SQL errors

Postby JimF » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 pm

I too have been getting SQL errors. The Bulletin Board software is up-to-date and from what I understand this is an issue with that BB software fetching data and pinging the database on the server that contains previous emails and permissions and such.

If you will, please copy and past the error codes you are seeing and I will tale it up with the people who run the web servers.

Sorry for the troubles, but if it's any consolation I am not immune either and a quick Google of what an SQL error is reveals that this happens on a lot of forums.

Jim

graeme

Re: SQL errors

Postby graeme » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:53 pm

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0 [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Hi Jim, above is what I got this morning, took a dozen try's to get to the site.
This is from an iPhone not a PC. But the work PC has similar issues getting onto the site sometimes.
Regards
Graeme

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:28 pm

I have created a help ticket with the web hosting provider.

I hope I don't get into a ping-pong battle with the web host saying it's a phpBB problem and phpBB saying it's a web host provider problem.

If anyone here has any knowledge or experience with such errors please feel free to PM me.

Jim

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sat May 03, 2014 10:26 pm

____ I've suffered a fair bit of frustration (today of all days), as the 1-hour limit of (inactive) sign-in time has conspired along-with THIS-situation to keep me from logging back-in (so I could get my posts submitted in a more timely period) !
A real piece-O-$#!+ !

____ BTW, this-thread is an example of the only type of thread that I think ought-to be 'sticky-noted' to the top of the 'TOPIC' section, (until fairly permanently dealt with).

-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon May 05, 2014 1:08 am

____ It now seems that the unusually high number of encounters with the much-dreaded 'General Error' pages, experienced yesterday,, is a reoccurring problem which has since been stopped (for now, at-least).

Hopeful-CHEERS,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 pm

I have noticed that in my case, using Windows XP OS and Google Chrome web browser, closing the entire Chrome browsing session and re-opening Chrome eliminates the problem.

Perhaps there is a cache of sorts I could delete using the applications tool menu to accomplish the same thing without closing the entire browsing session.

I am making the move to WIndows 7 Pro soon and will comment here if the problem persists for me.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 am

[quote= JimF ...
" I have noticed that in my case, using Windows XP OS and Google Chrome web browser, closing the entire Chrome browsing session and re-opening Chrome eliminates the problem. "

____ I-myself have found (with Windows-XP & Firefox), that even a complete reboot has had no-effect at affecting the issue.
__ And furthermore,, the day when I had experienced the GREATEST trouble ever, was followed the very-next day with absolutely no such troubles at-all ! _ AND both of those days were following-after a TWO-week*period of no PC.rebooting along-with Firefox CONSTANTLY left-open & running that whole entire time !! _ And yet even no other attempts of any kind were ever tried-out by myself to address the occasionally troublesome issue ! _ It just came & went-away all on it's own, as far as I could tell.
(* BTW, my PC & Firefox have now both been constantly up & running [without being restarted] since April 19th, with only May,3rd having experienced memorable troubles with the issue.)

-Bob

Harvey

Postby Harvey » Sun May 11, 2014 1:34 am

I spent yesterday trying to get on but SQLs prevented it. Today no SQLs but not logged on, and after many tries was rejected.
Finally just Goggled the address and here it was, logged on as well. :o

Edit: If I use Internet Explorer, and not Chrome, I have no problems, and it logged me on. :?
Harvey.

Moto Chuck

Postby Moto Chuck » Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 am

I am using Firefox and have been getting SQL errors at random times since I joined the forum a week or two ago. Once I get the error I can't access the forum directly from my bookmark. However If I go to the motocrubs.com website and then click on the forum link, I can get back onto the forum.

DucRedux

Postby DucRedux » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

SQL error on and off. Today it appeared try after try when selecting "Forum". I've resorted to using the Google search engine to access the site indirectly.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”