Best Installation of Clutch-cable in n-c/OHC.Duke

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DewCatTea-Bob

Best Installation of Clutch-cable in n-c/OHC.Duke

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:45 pm

____ This thread is created mainly in response to Cam3512's thread-post* which was titled: " Clutch Arm - Installing New Cable ". - (* I don't know what became of it,, but since I had already completed my searching work when that thread vanished, I've placed all the found-results in THIS thread.)
__ Here follows links to three related posts .....

'N-C Clutch-cable Installation' ...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=368&p=2424&hilit=#p2424

'Clutch Lever-arm Leverage-adjustment' ...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=369&p=2460&hilit=#p2460

'Best Route for Ease of Clutch-cable Operation' ...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=368&p=2462&hilit=#p2462

__ Those posts (and containing threads) ought-to cover most-anything related to the subject,, but if not, then please ask concerning any related specifics.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Cam3512

Re: Best Installation of Clutch-cable in n-c/OHC.Duke

Postby Cam3512 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks Bob, I deleted my post because I figured it out (mostly). I do have what appears to be an old ferrule stuck TIGHT in the case. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there, so I left it. Clutch arm actuates just fine as is, and lever action is smooth. Should I disconnect the cable and attempt to remove that old ferrule? I just slid the new one inside it, the old one is quite stretched out. I appreciate the adjustment tips as well, couldn't find anything in the manual.

Cam

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Best Installation of Clutch-cable in n-c/OHC.Duke

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

[quote= Cam3512 ...
" I do have what appears to be an old ferrule stuck TIGHT in the case. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there, so I left it.
Should I disconnect the cable and attempt to remove that old ferrule? I just slid the new one inside it, "

____ While there's not supposed to be any other such ferrule-cups (independent of the motor-case cup-hole),, there's no reason to bother with removing such extra cup-pieces, PROVIDING that the outer-cable's own ferrule-cup will fit into AND bottom-out down ALL the way into the extra-cup (that's been left stuck down inside the case-hole). _ Otherwise however,, if the tip-end of the outer-cable can't fit inside all the way down into the extra cup-piece, then future troubles (such as non-steady cable-adjustment) will arise, unless ya remove the cable's own ferrule-cup.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”