Should I Remove Bearing Grease?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Winter

Should I Remove Bearing Grease?

Postby Winter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi there.
I am moving along with my 160 build and now that the time has come to consider closing-up the cases, should I have cleaned the new bearings of their original packing grease or will it emulsify with the engine oil once running?
I have left the clutch bearing sealed per other posts to avoid an oil leak in that area.
I am quite diligent about changing oil every three to four rides on my other bikes so if the grease emulsifies, will it get flushed out during regular changes?

Thanks for the advice,
Andrew

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Should I Remove Bearing Grease?

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:40 pm

[quote= Winter ...
" should I have cleaned the new bearings of their original packing grease "

____ There's really no need to do that (unless perhaps you happen to know that the grease has become contaminated with something-else which would-not be good to get into your oil).

" or will it emulsify with the engine oil once running?
if the grease emulsifies, will it get flushed out during regular changes? "

____ Yes, and yes.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Winter

Re: Should I Remove Bearing Grease?

Postby Winter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Grazie.

Andrew

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”