Ducati air pump "trivia" question

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

Ducati air pump "trivia" question

Postby JimF » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:27 pm

As I am deciding what to sell in my garage to fund motorcycle projects I came across a Ducati air pump in poor condition that I bought years ago.

It is different than the one I eventually bought for the Mach 1 as I found one with a flat top that matches what I normally see on 60's singles.

This pump is different in that this one has a dome-shaped top.

So I can best market it , does anyone know if there was a particular cut-off year when Ducati went from dome-topped to flat-topped pumps? I would guess that maybe it is from the 50's or some such thing....

Or was this for a particular model?

On a side note the first pump I ever bought had no fold-out foot bracket and was not the right length for a narrow case frame. That one as it turned out was for a Falcon I think and would mount in the vicinity of the chain guard. I have a history of buying the wrong thing.

IMG_00000592.jpg

Thanks,

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amartina75

Re: Ducati air pump "trivia" question

Postby amartina75 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Jim I don't know how accurate this is but Italian Motorbikes sells reproduction pumps and has this information... http://www.italian-motorbikes.com/Pagina%20Inglese/17%20i%20nostri%20prodotti%20inglese.htm

by the way the fender arrived yesterday safe and sound, thanks
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”