Shift lever

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

pear0

Shift lever

Postby pear0 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:52 pm

I am building rear sets for my 250 narrow case and need to alter a shift lever for the push/ pull rod attachment. I have the rocker original but would rather not cut it up. Anyone know of a lever from another bike that fits the splines. Japanese would be nice because there are lots of them. Thanks, Tom

graeme

Re: Shift lever

Postby graeme » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Paralysed twins lever fits, maybe Pantah,

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Fast from the Past carries Tarozzi components; they might have something that would work for you. Seems to me it was once verified in these pages that a Pantah spline is the same as bevel singles.

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Shift-lever Project

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am

[quote= pear0 ...
" I am building rear sets for my 250 narrow case and need to alter a shift lever for the push/ pull rod attachment.
Anyone know of a lever from another bike that fits the splines. "

____ Have you already exhausted all these eBay-pages in your quest ? - page-link... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40
__ I do believe that some Benelli shift-levers fit the same spline-pattern as well.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

joe46ho

Postby joe46ho » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 am

Tom, What part of the world do you live in ? I realize you may be trying to get this accomplished "cheap" but very few non ducati shift levers i have checked are even close. And if you where to buy any vintage ducati lever from say a parallel twin or other model you will probably spend at least $30 (for a bent/junk lever) and shipping, then have to modify it to look decent and fit... Alternately you could just buy something like this

http://www.laceyducati.com/ducati-parts ... p-245.html

If you are in the us it would be roughly $41 with shipping. just to give you an idea... Many people sell these but they are all priced about the same.

Joe
Too many projects to list...
12 Ducati singles currently

pear0

Postby pear0 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:24 am

Thanks for the replies. I am in Montana USA. The ebay stuff rarely lists the size - just the bike that it fits. I need an M14.4 28 tooth. The Tarozzi stuff is all m 11.35. the one on the Lacy site really looks nice- I will ck into the shipping. Tom

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 am

modern Ducatis still use the same splines as our old singles .

i would check out your local bikebreaker as the part Lacey shows is a Original modern Ducati part

Eldert

pear0

Postby pear0 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Well I bought one from a 748 -- Has the right number of teeth . So we will see. Bike breakers are rare here in Montana. Thanks Eldert. Tom

LaceyDucati

Postby LaceyDucati » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:23 pm

The ones we stock are from the earlier Monsters and SS's, the Ducati Part number is 45610461B. Not sure if the part is still available from Ducati, many older model parts (pre 2000 and something) are being deleted. Goodluck to anyone trying to restore a pre 2000 belt bike, unlike our period, modern dealers didn't keep much stock :?

As Eldert says, breakers are probably a good source for those on a budget and there are a few on ebay cheap. Otherwise we have a good stock of them at the moment.

Nigel

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

That's an interesting point, Nigel.
The old way to run a retail business was to keep a good stock of all types of spares on the shelves.
The modern system is to rely on quick delivery from wholesalers, with probably fewer total existing parts.
Progress in the world of bean counters is bad news for long term availability of parts.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”