A Brief Introduction and my 160

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Winter

A Brief Introduction and my 160

Postby Winter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 am

Hello from Canada and thank you for the resources here at Motoscrubs.
I have been reviewing documentation as I rebuild my '65 160 who is affectionately known around the house as "Sophia"

The cases were too far gone to save after a massive head-on impact that bent the frame beyond repair. Not even sure how that's possible, but I have replaced it with a 250NC frame that I picked-up from a collector.
The replacement cases came up from Phoenix and the "Oil Leak" thread ( http://www.motoscrubs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=907&hilit=Re%3A+Oil+Leak) was invaluable, since the last bearing to insert was for the sprocket.
The old cases did not have a spacer behind the bearing which was open on both sides. The replacement cases revealed a spacer behind the 6204 bearing with one steel seal and 2 fiber washers sandwiched between the spacer and the bearing. Without knowing what the truth was, The "Oil Leak" thread cleared-up all of the confusion complete with pictures and a thorough description. The bearing is now seated (6204 2RS) and the remaining assembly of the cases can begin. I have both of Tom Bailey's books and they have been very valuable to date.

All the Best and I will post any concerns or issues that arise, should a previous post not be found.

Cheers,
Andrew

thatnameisal

Welcome!

Postby thatnameisal » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm

I am a new member as well but welcome to the group!

I just finished restoring my 65 160 with the assistance of many wonderful people on these pages.

Search my name and ALOT of posts will come up about my 160 - lol

Searching these forums, you can find the answer to about anything the Dalai Lama cant answer.

Cheers!

JimF
Site Admin

Re: A Brief Introduction and my 160

Postby JimF » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 am

Welcome!

I am an old member, both in age and relative forum-years.

Glad to have you here with us.

I came close to buying one of Tom Baily's 160s, but I was worried that if I did my wife would pack me a suitcase and instead of going to pick up my 160 from Tom I would be going to Tom's to live in his basement.

Jim

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”