me and how i became a jellymold... a help me post 350 narrow

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

pudu 609

me and how i became a jellymold... a help me post 350 narrow

Postby pudu 609 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi im here for the first time
I own a 350 sebring long distance racer
I was into this projeckt wiht my father .untill he died.. so im finishing this projeckt
Here a photo....... arrrg hm i have to down sice the photo....
I will attach it soon ... so ... its almost ready im assambling it and i got
Some smal problems ....
Id like to identiefy the duplex drumbrake means manufakturer name of the model
And jears in with its been build and bike model witch had this brake
.... id like to help too .... i know some german shops
And got some parts to offer and own some ducati partlists.. and usersmanuals for the
Decats bevelsingles ..... so im looking forwardt for some transatlantic comunication
And hope you forgive me my bad gramma.... to my defence i write one a smartphone with
Sausage fingers ..... by

graeme

Re: me and how i became a jellymold... a help me post 350 na

Postby graeme » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Hello sausage fingers :lol:
Looking forward to your pictures.

Graeme

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 am

Downloading pictures is done using the "Upload attachment" tab when you are writing a reply or posting a new topic from the text editor.

At the bottom of the screen you will see that the default tab is "Options" while the "Upload attachment" tab is the only other available and just to the right.

I will upload the photo as Nils sent me the picture earlier today.

Warning: Prepare to lust after this bike!

20121111_153102_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amartina75

Postby amartina75 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:39 am

Very cool bike! Looks like a proper period cafe racer done in the early 70's, I like the Conti megaphone
I think you were asking about the front brake, it looks like one I was watching on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indain-Velocette-Front-Wheel-Grimeca-Hub-Cafe-Racer-/231136623693?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d0d0fc4d&vxp=mtr#ht_272wt_1106
from an Indian Velocette
Indian.jpg

105024424_wGpSFyDe_SDIM1059.jpg

hard to tell but it looks like your whole front end might have came from a Velocette
welcome to the forum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 am

Wow! I think you nailed the brake ID.

What a healthy price it sold for too.

So seemingly if we could see the other side of the hub we would see two brake arms alerting us that the shoe has two leading shoes (2LS.)

Nils, this is a good thing for you as the original front brake was only a single leading shoe and could get you into trouble...

I once had to climb on the brakes very hard to avoid running through a quick-to-change red light. The cross street I was in danger of entering was four lanes of 50 mph (80 Kph) heavy traffic. The single leading shoe on the front was not doing enough and I did not want to lock it up and risk a tip-over crash. I was on the front brake almost to the point of locking the tire and I was intermittently locking up and sliding the rear as I tried to get maximum braking without loosing control. Fortunately I came to a stop in time.

Having a 2LS front brake will serve you well.

Jim

pudu 609

Postby pudu 609 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:09 am

Hi
This mid be the brake....
Thank you for uploading my picture.....
My brake is a duplex as we call it means with two working shoes one one side of the brake
I need this information to get a titel for this bike .... at the germa tüv... technischer überwachungs verein
This means technical overwelming institution... ... no this is not a
Secret service . But if u are there and they put on ther rubbergloves to check ur bike and anotherone off this feller is slendering around the bike with a pencil .... click clak.... u are on the hotseat .....
So its good if i can tell them what cind of a brake this is ....
Do the may ged a dollar for each time they say .... this is nt orginal
Anyway if i find out how to downsice pictures on my smartphone i send u some
More pics of details .... i can only upload 2mb and my pics are2.8.... il figure it out.... well then grat

pudu 609

Postby pudu 609 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 am

The brake with witch u had this cold sweat expiriance was it the original brake...

pudu 609

Postby pudu 609 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 am

Photo

pudu 609

Postby pudu 609 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:07 am

So id download a photo editor downsiced a picture and submiteed ...
Dam my mother could be so prowed of me ..... or like tom hanks i made a fire.... uah

pudu 609

Postby pudu 609 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:05 am

Jes the hole front end exept the lamp is different its a ceriani
Fork .... to make it fit i had to create a steering blockade so not to destroy the paint or eaven the hole tank .....
Thers another special some one weldet tubings under the motor and extendet the swing arm bolt with an extra bearing on the framerisers....
And there is a excenter at the rearwheelbase.. so i can remove the wheel without opening the chain ....
But finding the right position and to line up the wheel with the chassis is difficult as
Shaving the but of an orangutang

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”