Dose anubody sell FRAME for wide case??

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

yoper1987

Dose anubody sell FRAME for wide case??

Postby yoper1987 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello everybody))
I need a frame with documets .....

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Dose anubody sell FRAME for wide case??

Postby JimF » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freshly-powderc ... 5a&vxp=mtr

Here is a widecase frame on eBay right now. The loop over the rear tire indicates it was from a scrambler. That the rear frame loop over the rear tire position is flat metal rather than round tubing may be indicative that this particular frame on eBay is from a Spanish Mototrans.

There are four types of wide case frames which I know of that Ducati made:

The widecase scrambler frame.
The widecase street frame with no frame stiffening.
The widecase stiffened street frame for the 450cc models.
The widecase RT frame.

Mototrans made widecase frames too, and in the USA they sell for less money. However, such things as tool box mounting brackets and such may not match Ducati components.

I believe that some people make frames for race bikes, but they are generally priced very high so I am guessing they use modern lightweight tubing. These may not have the mounts for the toolboxes, fenders and the like. As they are made for racing I am relatively sure there are no papers for pursuing street use registration.

You have a tough task here. In the USA the frames rarely carry the registration or title papers. It's hard to find a frame that has what I call a title that can be used to register a motorcycle assembled from bits and licensed for street use.

You are in Russia so I imagine you need to source a frame in Europe so as to minimize the shipping costs. I am not sure if it is common for the motorycle's registration papers to follow the frame in European countries.

Fortunately we have many members in Europe and hopefully you can find the frame you need with the papers you need to register it.

Are there many old Ducatis in Russia? Where they sold there?

Jim

yoper1987

Postby yoper1987 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:21 am

JimF wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freshly-powdercoated-frame-with-swingarm-for-Ducati-widecase-single-AHRMA-/321300342618?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acefe275a&vxp=mtr

Here is a widecase frame on eBay right now. The loop over the rear tire indicates it was from a scrambler. That the rear frame loop over the rear tire position is flat metal rather than round tubing may be indicative that this particular frame on eBay is from a Spanish Mototrans.

There are four types of wide case frames which I know of that Ducati made:

The widecase scrambler frame.
The widecase street frame with no frame stiffening.
The widecase stiffened street frame for the 450cc models.
The widecase RT frame.

Mototrans made widecase frames too, and in the USA they sell for less money. However, such things as tool box mounting brackets and such may not match Ducati components.

Jim

Thanks for useful information concerning frames) and in general thank you that responded) in Russia at all at whom to ask me.... such motorcycles weren't substituted to us (

yoper1987

Postby yoper1987 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:25 am

JimF wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freshly-powdercoated-frame-with-swingarm-for-Ducati-widecase-single-AHRMA-/321300342618?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acefe275a&vxp=mtr

Are there many old Ducatis in Russia? Where they sold there?

Jim

On how many I understood we in Russia have no such motorcycle))
I bought the engine from the grandfather who in the 70th speedway was engaged. Also I imported different interesting motorcycles illegally... that is documents aren't present (((
And I dream to collect ducati single and to go by it)

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”