First post- engine out hints!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

RobertVine

First post- engine out hints!

Postby RobertVine » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi

This is my first post, so hello to everybody out there and happy Christmas.
This year my present to myself is a 1966 250 scrambler project via the shop of Ebay.
It is now in my garage at home in Lincolnshire, UK, slowly being dissembled ready for inspection, painting and refurbishment.
Already I can see that I require a number of parts from a front mudguard to headlight assembly, and major rework on the front forks, tank and seat unit.
I am yet to start on the engine as it is still in the frame, so this is my first question of many I would imagine.
All the engine bolts are out, and the frame is being suspended with a support under the engine, but is does not look possible for the engine to drop out of the frame without the head and barrel removed, is it possible to remove the engine without removing the head and barrel?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eldert

Re: First post- engine out hints!

Postby Eldert » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Rob

welcome at this forum . that bike sold at Ebay UK last week . i was watching that auction to
i had the missing parts laying around . a NOS frontfender and a pancake type headlight .
for the rest al the hard to find ( and therefore expensive ) parts are there

you can remove the engine out of the frame with the barrel and cilinderhead still on

good luck with your restoration

Regards Eldert

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:00 pm

The engine swings out to the right side at the front.

RobertVine

Postby RobertVine » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Eldert if you would like to part with the front mudguard let me know.
Thanks for the tips, I will give the engine a good seeing to tomorrow, hopefully get it out and onto a bench.

Cheers

Rob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”