What ignition

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

graeme

Re: What ignition

Postby graeme » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:58 am

Sachse is 12v too

PhilR

Postby PhilR » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:38 am

I have just fitted a Moira ignition (aka Lucas Rita) on recommendation of Nigel Lacey. I had been looking at crank mounted self generating type (for a racing single) but Nigel was able to point out a few pit falls of that option. The Moira was pretty straight forward to fit, only disadvantage for a racing bike is you still need a battery - total discharge, but that wouldn't be a problem for a road bike with alternator + battery. So far I am very happy with Moira (don't tell my wife!), and the Lucas Rita I have had on my 750 Bevel (for years and years) has been faultless.

PS. Does anyone know how to strobe a single?

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:46 am

Eldert wrote:I got Horst's last name wrong, that should be patzer or HP59 on this forum ...

Ah - thanks Eldert. Now I understand the message that he, i.e. Horst, aka HP59, posted earlier :) . Apologies, Horst - and good luck with taking over the work started by Volker Sachse!

Craig

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:49 am

atreyu wrote: ...but I still would require a generator kit

Gotta ask - did you look at the link to Nigel's shop that I posted earlier? Seems to offer all you want .... :?

Craig

atreyu

Postby atreyu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes I've just purchased a full Rita/Moira system for a friends race bike that we're putting together for him. At £270 it's good value and having always dealt with Nigel you know your getting good quality spares and a brilliant service.

With my road restoration having no electronics at all with it, purchasing an alternator kit at £234 brings the full system up to just over £500 plus post, Which to be honest I can't justify or afford (mortgage/racing commitments!) when the full electrix-world kit was £360 (when it'll be back in production again, no one seems to know)

So I was looking what other options are out there, The Sachse seems good value together with the electrix world generator.

HP 59

Postby HP 59 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Hello
yes we are working to takeover the complete Sachse shop and opening it beginning of next year.

We- that means my son(Diploma degree of Electrical Engineering+Master of Computer Engineering) and me(master of machine builder)+ 8 years of race experience with my 350 Ducati race bike + Srambler 500 + Monster900 (all bikes kit with Sachse ignition) hopefully can developp this business forward to have best parts for ignition and bike electric.
I keep you in the loop when the shop is resurge.
HP59
Horst Patzer
Germany

atreyu

Postby atreyu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Horst, How are you progressing with your ignitions?

Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:45 am

I just installed the Electrex system on my N/C 250 street bike. Super easy to install, very nice system, works perfectly. Still using the points, which also work fine.
Put a Mikuni on it!

pear0

Postby pear0 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 am

My 250 came to me without any electrics outside the engine and trashed points inside. Though expensive I got the powerdynamo. 12 volts 100watts and much of the wiring and elimination of the battery sold me.
In any event I would recommend an electronic ignition . Proper advance and good idle. The one that I put on my Morini transformed the bike. Good luck Tom

graeme

Postby graeme » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello Horst, how's the Sachse availability going?

Graeme

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”