Anyone have a good 160 Monza bottom end to sell?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

john jupiter

Anyone have a good 160 Monza bottom end to sell?

Postby john jupiter » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Im located just outside of NYC but do not mind paying shipping.
Thanks
John
1970 450 Jupiter

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have a good 160 Monza bottom end to sell?

Postby JimF » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Try sending an email to Tom Bailey.

I will look for his email address and post it here if and when I find it.

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:50 pm

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks Jim! Just sent him an email.
1970 450 Jupiter

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 am

[quote="john jupiter ...
" Anyone have a good 160 Monza bottom end "

____ I happen to have many of the major parts of a 160 (including complete bottom-end), which I really ought-to part-ways with (since I'm no-longer able to do much of anything with it anyhow). _ But I won't feel like going to the trouble of messing with it any at all unless I feel like I'd appreciate the project that it's intended to become part of. ...
__ Do you already have merely-just a 160 top-end, or otherwise how is it that you desire just a bottom-end ?

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 am

Hi Bob,
Its nothing crazy. I am trying to save 61' 125 sport that needs new crank, bearings, charging system, clutch assembly and timing gears and oil pump.. Other than that its a beauty... . 125cc and 160 monza jr. share the same 52mm stroke, correct me if im wrong but they should work for a proper 125, right? I think the crank in a 160 is stamped 125.1.
Would like to hear your thoughts on this one Bob. And would be happy to pay your asking price if you have a soft spot for 125 Sports.

Thanks
John
1970 450 Jupiter

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Since we are on the subject of 125s, there is a clean one on eBay albeit in Italy.

Thevin

Postby Thevin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:02 am

DewCatTea-Bob wrote:[quote="john jupiter ...
" Anyone have a good 160 Monza bottom end "

____ I happen to have many of the major parts of a 160 (including complete bottom-end), which I really ought-to part-ways with (since I'm no-longer able to do much of anything with it anyhow). _ But I won't feel like going to the trouble of messing with it any at all unless I feel like I'd appreciate the project that it's intended to become part of. ...
__ Do you already have merely-just a 160 top-end, or otherwise how is it that you desire just a bottom-end ?

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob

The weight of the bottom end is a huge factor/expense,,, I'll be over this weekend and can weight and figure out a crate of sorts and maybe even a shipping cost, if that helps Bob. So maybe with my help we can help John out since it is the beginning of Project season... I know your not a big fan of the 160 anyway....

Vin

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 am

[quote= Thevin ...
" I'll be over this weekend and can weight and figure out a crate of sorts and maybe even a shipping cost, "

____ Whoa-Nelly !- (Definition- "a bike, a situation or a person, who has become out of control and gone on ahead".)
__ I'm sorry I've been neglecting to get-back to this thread !

PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:59 am

[quote= john jupiter ...
" Its nothing crazy. "

____ Even if so, I could still possibly become drawn-onboard.

" I am trying to save 61' 125 sport that needs new crank, bearings, charging system, clutch assembly and timing gears and oil pump.. "

____ What makes you sure that it needs replacement crankshaft ?

" correct me if im wrong but they should work for a proper 125, right? "

____ I'd figure so but, I've only ever merely seen only-just ONE 125-OHC.Sport model, and have never worked-on any OHC.125-models,, so can't confirm for-sure.

" Would like to hear your thoughts on this one Bob.
if you have a soft spot for 125 Sports. "

____ I do indeed like the 125-Sport (lots-more than the Monza-Jr), however there's more than one reason for why it's likely I won't be a source of a 160 bottom-end for you...
My 160 bottom-end is complete & all-together, so it's not sensible to part-it-out,, and besides, I have TWO 160 top-ends for completing the 160-motor,, and-also, I believe I recall that the motor's top-end was taken-off to discover that the con-rod was loose. _ So the crankshaft likely wouldn't be of any more use to you than the crank you have.
____ It seems to me that ya can find such 160-parts listed on eBay & eBid fairly often enough anyhow. _ For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-Ducati-Mo ... a7&vxp=mtr . _ With that motor, you could probably get your Sport road-going considerably sooner. _ (If the seller were to instead part-out that 160-motor, he'd then much-likely get more than just 200-bucks, [although take considerably longer to do so] !)
Have you not been keeping a watch-out for such parts-listings ?
__ Also, I (or someone-else here) could probably relatively easily come-up with most-all of the other parts you're looking for.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”