Veglia Speedometer cables

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Magman

Veglia Speedometer cables

Postby Magman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I pulled the original 150mph Veglia speedo off my 350 Sebring or Mark (dont know model) and replaced it with a new Veglia 100 mph speedo (350 Scrambler maybe?). The new speedo is not working. The old speedo was working but quit and the needle is on the other side of the stop at zero mph and wont spin up with the cabe so the old instrument is toast. I will check tonight and see if the cabe still spins with the tire spinning and verify the cable is still working up to the instrument.

So, are some speedometer cables different at the instrument attach point? Do I need to pick up a different speedometer drive cable? Is there possible a sleeve of sorts over the cable that may be stuck inside the old instrument?

thanks
Steve

Daniil

Re: Veglia Speedometer cables

Postby Daniil » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Guys. I must clarify the situation a bit. The new 100 mph Veglia jammed (or was jammed) and bent the cable rather violently after installed on the bike, according to my friend, Steve (OP of this thread). The part was NOS out of the box, so the internal defect is possible but very unlikely. Could it be that the driver was not suitable while going from 150 Mph speedo to the basic 100 mph model? I would assume cables are the same, so that is likely not a culprit. Thank you. Dan

Magman

Postby Magman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 pm

All 3 of the speedometers I have re: 100 mph(from Dan), 120 mph and 150 mph all have the same rev stamp and state 1,610 rev's = 1 mile. I though the 100 mph might be exclusive to the Scrambler which has a 19" front wheel and not the 18" front wheel common to the road models. Does anyone know if the scrambler drive turns in the oppositer direction? Or if some models turn in opposite directions?

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Steve,

I sent you a PM about the speedometer...

Jim

remery

Postby remery » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Hmm, any coincidence that there are 1609.3 metres in a mile?

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”