350 Scrambler Project - Vancouver, Canada

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

bettyann

Re: 350 Scrambler Project - Vancouver, Canada

Postby bettyann » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:41 am

Why does this 350 have a comp reliese on the ex valve cover? Spanish? Italian?

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

10531 wrote:I might buy the shell with the speedo hole and put a blank over it, as Ducati did at times when the parts bin ran low (there is even a part number for the cover in the parts book)

I have one of the speedo hole cover things. If you want it, PM me.
1970 450 SCR

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

10531 wrote:PM sent, but I seem to be having issues. PM's are getting stuck in my Outbox. Not sure why, or what to do.

Responded via PM, but my PMs are also getting stuck in the outbox.
1970 450 SCR

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 pm

" Responded via PM, but my PMs are also getting stuck in the outbox. "

____ Both you guys must have missed reading the 'Website requests'-thread recently !
I've found that opening those PMs (which are still found within the outbox) and then SENDing each one from there, seems to get them sent-out as expected.
__ Please let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 pm

DewCatTea-Bob wrote:____ Both you guys must have missed reading the 'Website requests'-thread recently !
I've found that opening those PMs (which are still found within the outbox) and then SENDing each one from there, seems to get them sent-out as expected.
__ Please let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

Nope - did not miss that thread. That does not solve it for me.
1970 450 SCR

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:00 am

" I deleted the one stuck in my inbox and replied to an old message. That worked. After that one went, I could PM again like normal. '

____ I've never tried to send-out a PM while there's still another PM left unopened within my inbox, so that may be why I haven't had quite the same problem.
So hopefully teckhart has the same locked-up situation as you.
__ It could be that there's a more severe situation where-in all other PMs get stuck behind a dam caused by just one particular PM which needs to be dealt with first, but it can't be, until the weight of all the others are removed away before-hand.
If so, rather than just deleting all the PMs one at a time until the dam is freed-up, each PM could first be opened and all it's typed wording highlighted and dragged & dropped to WordPad to be temporarily saved and then reused after the PM-problem has been freed-up.
Just a thought to save one's typed-work, in case there really is a situation like you've found that's actually the root-cause for the locked-up PM situation.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Saw your post over on Bevelheads. Here are a few other sources for headlight parts.

http://www.guzzino.com/
http://www.classicducati.com/
http://www.classicitalianbikes.com/
1970 450 SCR

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:36 pm

10531 wrote:Thanks for the links Teckhardt!
Man headlight parts are getting expensive! The best prices for new components that I've seen so far is through Amici Scrambler in Italy. I might end up doing a big order from them and just paying one lot of freight charges. We'll see what comes on fleabay in the next few months.
Just got an original Silentium muffler from the UK for a pretty good price. One less thing to find on the list of missing parts.
I'm off to Kazakhstan for a month with work next Tuesday and won't get around to seat cover quotes before I return in late July. If you're in a hurry. I hope you're not in a hurry for seat cover quotes.

No rush on my end. I have pretty much decided that the bike will not be on the road this summer. Maybe by next summer. :roll:

The speedo cover is in the mail. You may not see it before you leave.
1970 450 SCR

helicopterjim

Postby helicopterjim » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 am

Here is an update to this rebuild/overhaul.

I am now the new custodian of this project and also a helicopter pilot (we're the ones that break them .... the previous owner fixed them). It will probably be a little while before I can tackle much (also away from home a lot) but I'll be posting here looking for advice .... of that I am certain.

I'll try and update with some pictures when I can as well.

Cheers
Jim

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:20 am

[quote= helicopterjim ...
" Here is an update to this rebuild/overhaul.
I am now the new custodian of this project "

____ Welcome as our newest member h.Jim ! _ Although I'm fairly disappointed to learn that Graham has bailed-out on this project.
__ Do you know if he ever acquired the milder camshaft which he had expressed a desire for ?

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”