450 advance curve

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

graeme

450 advance curve

Postby graeme » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:56 am

What would be to optimum advance curve for a 450?
Something that starts at 0 deg and ends at 28 deg around 4000 rpm or a little more?
Would the curve be a straight line?

The reason I'm asking is the Ducati Electronica ignition on my 450D is finally getting sad, which is very good considering its age.
It's not a track bike but was once and has slightly higher compression and larger valves and carb.

Regards
Graeme

StewartD

Re: 450 advance curve

Postby StewartD » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 am

Hi Graeme,

Have you considered the Microclassic system that Ian Glover (in Melbourne) makes? The web site is microclassicignitions.com
I quote from it:

"Programmable digital ignition system for Ducati Singles

The MicroClassic Single ignition system is designed for Ducati Singles. It includes everything listed below. The trigger is a drop in replacement for the existing points system."

Ian races a very fast narrow case 450. Yes it's a 450; he cast his own crankcases.

I'll try and get some photos of this machine in October when the Southern Classic race meeting happens.

Cheers,

Stewart D

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:54 am

Ians narrowcase 450 :

Eldert

graeme

Postby graeme » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks Stewart, I've sent some questions to MicroClassicIgnitions.
$660 is a lot of money for a road bike, but i guess I get what I pay for.

Eldert, I hadn't forgotten you suggested this ignition once before when I fitted a Sachse to my RT, but again the cost was a factor.

Thanks
Graeme

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 pm

[quote= graeme ...
" What would be to optimum advance curve for a 450?
Something that starts at 0 deg and ends at 28 deg around 4000 rpm or a little more? "

____ Did you not ever read-through the established thread covering this specific topic ?
The related thread was begun by a fellow-member in your area (who your wife ought-to be quite familiar with) !
Here's a link... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1130&p=7649&#p7649

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”