unknown top triple tree

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

kevin

unknown top triple tree

Postby kevin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Maybe someone can shed some light on this item that was in a pile of Duc stuff I found in a old shed (true story). There were a number of 250 motors, frames etc. and I built up a bike from the bits but never used this. I have been told it is not a replica but the real thing but have no idea as of its origin. Thanks in advance for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eldert

Re: unknown top triple tree

Postby Eldert » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Kevin

this is a top tripple tree for the 31.5 mm forks . it was used on the Mach1 and on widecase Mark III Desmos and some other model Ducatis with clip ons and the 31.5 mm forks like the 200 cc Elite

Eldert

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

I have one just like that on my Elite build
Eldert is spot as usual :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 am

Yes, that is the very rare and valuable smooth steering crown that is used with clip-ons.

The full monty is having that steering crown, a set of factory clip-ons and the set of short headlight stanchions.

Having all three is like having a gold mine, but nevertheless that item would bring top dollar on ebay.

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 am

Hey thanks for the info guys. I think I have the short stanchions for the headlight too. Will post some photos soon.Anyway I have way too many projects at the moment and have moved on a rolling chassis (monza) with boxes of gear box parts and a pile of cam towers, shims, valves and valve springs etc to a friend who will make a bike out of them. I have a few bits left one of which is the triple tree and a kickstart lever which is in excellent shape and an original tire pump .Anyway it's all going on the block to help finance my cucciolo project. Let me know if anyone is interested as I would prefer to keep it in the family so to speak. Thanks again for the help.

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:40 am

I sent you a PM to inquire about the tire pump.

I can emailed at: jfranzen@conwin.com

Thank you for giving us first crack at these items.

Jim

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”