250 NC race bike build

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

flynbulldog

Re: 250 NC race bike build

Postby flynbulldog » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Stan Lipert wrote:Very nice work!
Some of my favorite details:
Good TIG welding on the frame additions, including some brazing on the SA clamps.
That's a lot of wet sanding on the polished alloy! Well done.
Nice shop setup!
Amazing chrome finish on your tank!
Super nice belly pan, your layup?
Drilled tank washers.
Polished stainless exhaust. Wow, how long did that take?

Thanks for sharing,
Stan

Thanks Stan! :)
After over a year all of that work is a blur in the back of my mind, but it was a long road and a lot of hours.
The bellypan is from "Glass from the Past" and it's for a Honda CB160 racer, it fits this bike perfectly.
I will note that the parts from them are not great quality IMO. The stuff from Airtech has been much much better.
I have a buffing machine and lots of different buffs and polish - I don't do any wet sanding but it does take time and perseverance. ;)
Stainless polishes up quickly after a lot of grinding and sanding to hide the welds.
Last edited by flynbulldog on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

krupp13

Postby krupp13 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 am

I had the pleasure of seeing this bike in person today and I must say the pictures do not do it justice. If anyone knows flynbulldog, he is amazing behind a camera and could make anything look good in a picture, but this bike is absolutely stunning. I was amazed how well the bike flowed and the little pieces that he incorporated into the build were fascinating. The bike is spot on for a period racer with some of the best period parts used. I just think it is so stunning I would have it in my house to stare at and never want to ride it.

I am seriously considering giving him a pile of parts and a vision and letting him run. He is truly an artist and has an amazing collection of motorcycles.

If you have a chance to see it at Bonneville, it will be worth every second...

Hats off to you flynbulldog and I can't wait to see the Norton or whatever project you do next.

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :) Krupp I'm so flattered and a little embarrassed. thanks for the kind words.

And yes the bike will be at the Bonneville vintage GP this weekend, along with another one of my bikes - on display, not in the race.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”