Water transfers and decal infomation needed

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

john jupiter

Water transfers and decal infomation needed

Postby john jupiter » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of restoring a 68' mark 3 and I would like to know if there are any sources for water transfer decals for the side covers and the decals for the top of the tank(large blue DUCATI decal located towards middle/ rear half of the fuel tank).

Any help would help a lot!

Thanks
John
1970 450 Jupiter

Paddy

Re: Water transfers and decal infomation needed

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Does it have to be water slide ?
These people do water slide and laser cut. I use them and they are very good if you can work out how to use the website :-)

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages ... ducati.php

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

I have a coworker that does Graphics. He made all the decals for my restoration. He can do "original" right down the sparkle back ground of the "Made in Italy" or he does customs as well. Pretty reasonable price and they look great. He is here in the San Francisco bay area. I can send his contact information if you like.
Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 am

thanks for the info and offers Paddy and Mike. I am still doing some finding out. I actually bought some water transfer paper that is used with a laser printer. I will do some experimenting and see how they come out.
1970 450 Jupiter

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 am

thanks for the info and offers Paddy and Mike. I am still doing some finding out. I actually bought some water transfer paper that is used with a laser printer. I will do some experimenting and see how they come out.

Mike, your decals look great and might need your friend's info. Also that tank looks very cool. How did you get the carbon fiber molded so cleanly? Ive got a few tanks with so many holes a nice carbon fiber encasement might be just the thing.
1970 450 Jupiter

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm

My guess is the C/F on the tank is a decal or carbon wrap (sticker) but i'm sure i will be put right if I'm wrong :-)

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 am

I will get the contact information tomorrow, his web site has "issues" right now. The tank is 100% carbon. I laid it up on a foam core, my son and I make a bunch of CF parts for all his Jet Ski buddies. No vacuum bag just clean well laid and squeegeed out lay up. My painter only had to scuff and clear as you can do nothing to the surface. But I have to admit I probably spent 30 hours making it. The key was only lay up 2 layers on the foam core, then remove the core and build then strength from inside and that way your form stays true. It is closed from the bottom area that is painted. Tank was sloshed with Caswells to help protect from the bad gas in California. Two years now and no issues.
Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:54 pm

John the contact for the graphics "guy" is Dave @ Dave@yeags.com
I have a bunch of the "made in Italy" tank decals I can send you no cost if you are interested to see what his quality is. Cost is only a stamp so no big deal.

Mike Mc

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

My apologies Mike. What a lovely job.

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 pm

No worries. I get asked all the time about the construction. I was going to attempt an aluminum version, but lack the artisan skills in formed metal. Tool and Die maker by trade, but I still lack the artistic skill in sheet metal. If it needs to be milled, turned or welded no problem. Note the Jet Ski hood in the back ground, just about ready for final polish to complete.

Mike Mc

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”