Water transfers and decal infomation needed

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Paddy

Re: Water transfers and decal infomation needed

Postby Paddy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Snap mike.
I finished engineering last year after 36 years as a toolmaker. Messing about with Ducati used spares and rebuilds now by way of a change. I still have access to the machine shop at my old work place. as you say milling turning grinding polishing etc but sheet metal ?? well we have folders and guillotines and presses but as for compound curves and beating goes that's a whole new skill in itself :-)

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 am

Yes having access to a shop is a big help. I have a complete shop at home as well as access to all our equipment at work. Pretty easy to make a bracket, draw it up in CAD and cut it on the laser. Bracket perfect in less than an hour. I am basically cheap so I will spend hours making something that most people would just buy. I like the work and it shows in the details of the bikes. I make a lot of parts for Vintage Guitars in my shop at home. Mid 50's to 60's guitars are pretty collectable and people loose or take off parts. I can reproduce exact pieces to make them complete as original. Same goes for parts for the bikes, if I have a piece to copy, no problem to make new ones.
Off to Moto GP at Laguna Seca on Thursday for several days of racing ( watching ) I'll have my Ducati to ride and show on Ducati Island in the infield. Some really nice riding down the coast on Hiway 1 Big Sur area, with friends fit in the mix as well.

Ride them don't hide them.
Mike Mc

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:00 am

I think we would get on quite well :-)
I have just made a batch of cams that trip the neutral light switch on a 900 selector box... I am currently just machining out the seal holders in my Elite Marzocchi shocks to take "off the shelf" seals......... And i have a 1958 Hofner senator basss :-)

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:10 am

Sorry I have been out of the states for awhile.( Baja dirt ride ) Funny I have 12 Gretsch guitars but do not even play. I do custom and restoration work for several dealers that specialize in Gretsch. All are mid 50's hollow bodies, Country Gentleman and Duo Jets mostly. I love the look and feel of the mid 50's, my best customer is a studio musician of some standing, he has played with all of the country greats. He tunes and plays my collection, and they sound awesome. I just keep them on the wall in my home office. Good investment in the long run, but I'll keep them for a long time. Making some changes to the bike for a vintage show down in San Luis Obispo coming up first part of October.
Keep working and riding............

Mike Mc

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”