valve guides

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

syrup head

valve guides

Postby syrup head » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi
I need 8mm valve guides for a 250 cc narrow case but i have so far drawn a blank.The ducati engine number is DM25097792 it is registered as a Mach1 .The ducati belongs to a friend who lives in South Africa and comes over for the TT and thrashes it around the course then leaves it with me to sought out .It is looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment.
Cheers Syrup Head

Nick

Re: valve guides

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 am

SRM (in Wales) has a Serdi machine. They should be able to ream out your stock guides, install guide liners and precision hone to the proper clearance. This eliminates the need for removal / installation of guides, saving wear on the head and, more importantly, thanks to the Serdi, ensures precise concentricity between the seat and the guide bore.
Put a Mikuni on it!

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 am

i am not a big fun of guide liners . new guides should not be a problem . i know of at least 3 outfits selling new guides
first Nigel al Lacey Ducati in the UK . in de states Kibblewhite precision machining makes them to .
both vendors have std and oversize guides .
then there is the Italian Scrambler club Amici Dello Scrambler .they have valves guides to but only in 13.20 mm so you have to turn the od down a tiny bit to get the desired press interferance

Eldert

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:17 pm

I bought a pair from Laceys only last week, he does them in oversize (OD) as well, he also sells the oil caps to fit them, always worth doing at the same time.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”