Bent Scrambler kick start?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

graeme

Bent Scrambler kick start?

Postby graeme » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 am

Hi, did Scramblers (late model wide case) have a bent out kick start lever to clear the pillion peg, or is my Scramblers kick start lever bent?
It's a 450.
Road Desmo and RT's have straight levers.
Graeme

ducwiz

Re: Bent Scrambler kick start?

Postby ducwiz » Thu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Greame,

I never heard of bent starter levers, but I remember different dimensions for 250/350 and 450 models. The kickstarter of the big thumper is several cm longer, and somewhat larger in diameter. It seems somebody has modified your lever; is it chrome plated?

numbers from the DUCATI parts catalogue:

250/350 - 0400.07.303
450 - 0615.07.300

Hans

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm

graeme wrote:Hi, did Scramblers (late model wide case) have a bent out kick start lever to clear the pillion peg, or is my Scramblers kick start lever bent?
It's a 450.

Straight, Graeme. The pillion peg folds up out of the way. Plenty of reference photos on Tinternet, but here's a real one :D :

Craig, 450 SCR owner ... with regulation straight kick start lever (see above) :D

graeme

Postby graeme » Thu May 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks,
Sorry for the bad pictures but you can see why I asked the question.
The lever just misses the pilion peg. There is a spacer that moves the peg out, so I quess by removing this the peg will move in and the kick lever should miss the peg once I have straightened it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer and posting pictures.

Graeme

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Fri May 24, 2013 9:58 am

graeme wrote: .. you can see why I asked the question. The lever just misses the pilion peg. There is a spacer that moves the peg out, so I quess by removing this the peg will move in and the kick lever should miss the peg once I have straightened it.

Yeh, classic case of what can happen when a DPO had modified something, but you're not quite sure what. Annoying, but at least there are forums like this to help! :D .

Don't understand why someone would have spacered the pillion peg off the frame ... :? So shout if you need any more photos, close-ups.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”