Hot day=Hot clutch

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DaveSmith

Re: Hot day=Hot clutch

Postby DaveSmith » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks. I was following that link as well (and have it bookmarked). Your comment about posting on old threads made sense to me, so that's why I continued with this one.

I remembered wanting to go to Michigan for bike related reasons (besides wanting to gawk at Detroit in person). I checked my email to see if I had your offer saved, but I can't find it. It wasn't from this forum. Maybe Bevelheads? I might have forgotten to file it under the North America part of the planning.

DewCatTea-Bob

World-travel on a 250-Duke

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm

____ I just-now found this response-post from you...
I had discovered early Saturday that I had no internet-connection, no-doubt due to the heavy snow-fall & high winds received here in Michigan around that time-period. _ I've since been trying at least a half-dozen times a day, and could not get back on-line until now.

" I checked my email to see if I had your offer saved, but I can't find it. It wasn't from this forum. Maybe Bevelheads? "

____ I know that there are a number of other DUCATI-w.sites (which I'd no-doubt find to be of some interest as well), but due to me no-longer being able to physically do anything with motorcycles anymore, my interest in such has thusly been highly curtailed,, and-so therefore I've NEVER followed any other such w.site at all, (since I didn't get involved with computers & the w.net until years after I had retired myself from DUCATIs) !
__ If it wasn't thru this w.site that our on-line paths had crossed, then perhaps it was thru eBay,, as I used-to often contact sellers who had Ducati-parts listed, (back before this w.site gave me an alternative & much-better outlet for sharing knowledge on Duke-singles).
__ Perhaps if you search you email-inbox for: 'ROBERT HANSEN' , you'd then possibly turn-up an old email from me.
But the main-thing is, I just wanted to confirm that you are indeed the very same (world-traveling) fella who I once communicated with about possibly traveling (on a 250-Duke) through Michigan & over the M.Bridge. _ And if YOU recall any such communication of the sort, then you got to be one-&-the-same as the person* I recall, (* although I don't recall the name).
__ It seems to me that back at the time, you were then concerned about something to do with your Duke's ign.points,, does that ring any bell for you ?

____ Anyhow, have you now got your clutch all set-up correctly & working-well yet ?

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

DaveSmith

Re: Hot day=Hot clutch

Postby DaveSmith » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, I'm the same guy. It was from eBay and the messages are in my eBay folder. I just marked them for the US round the world folder. I'd sold a Mototrans on eBay in 2008 right before I went to India (along with my Norton Commando). We were talking about the ignition on the Mototrans. Funny because last summer, I put an Electrex CDI on my bike. http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eelectrexworld%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fss000001%2epl%3fTB%3dA%26GB%3d%26SS%3dducati%26PR%3d%2d1%26PG%3d%26REFPAGE%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww%252eelectrexworld%252eco%252euk%252f%26PN%3d2&WD=ducati&PN=STK%2d161%2ehtml%23aSTK_2d161#aSTK_2d161

My bike was in a show last weekend and I've just arranged a garage I can work on it. The One Motorcycle Show in Portland, Oregon. http://the1moto.com/show/. It was a nice show. I thought it was going to be all Harley choppers but there was a wide mix of just about everything. Long way of saying, I should have a working clutch within a week or so.

-Dave

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”