1961 Diana Brochure

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

1961 Diana Brochure

Postby JimF » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 am

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: 1961 Diana Brochure

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am

____ Be sure to check-out Jim's posted link,, as that which I've posted below, is just a sample of what ya will be able to see !

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

gregwils

Postby gregwils » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 am

Good stuff.
Greg W
1965 Ducati Monza
1966 Ducati Monza (Project)
1966 Ducati Monza Jr
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera
Pittsburgh, PA USA

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 am

____ Indeed,, as such "good stuff" ought to get others to finally realize that BEFORE there was any 'Diana Mark III' model, there was first the ORIGINAL 'Diana 250' ! _ AND-also that THAT "Diana" model is almost completely different from the later Mark-III version.
The reason for the resulting model-confusion has been due to the circumstances of the fact that the original Diana-model had not made much of an outstanding name for itself (amongst the general m.cyclist-pubic), and the fact that rather LATER (after the original Diana became pretty-much forgotten of), the D.Mark-III/3 model-line then earned a fairly-big reputation, and the majority simply prefer to merely say "Diana" whenever referring to a D.Mark-III/3-model, (whilst not realizing that merely-just saying that Diana-name alone, then opens the door for possible Diana-model confusion).
So-thus it would be helpful to always rather-instead say 'Mark-Three' whenever you're actually referring to a D.Mark-III/3-model, and merely say "Diana" whenever referring to a 'Diana 250' model.
__ Is there anyone with second-thoughts that may tend to counter this logical & well-meaning suggested-advice ?
I-myself really don't think-so, but it seems like there must be SOME reason for why informed people still continue to say "Diana", in either case.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Very cool Jim, thanks for posting.
Tony

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Tony,

It seems to me that Ducati had a very select and few "stock advertising" drawings that were dropped into many brochures, and this one is no exception to that rule.

What I find interesting is that I thought all Dianas had no tooboxes and a tiny circular taillight and this factory brochure shows up to tell me I was wrong.

I'm sure I'll be wrong again about many other things.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:14 pm

" What I find interesting is that I thought all Dianas had no tooboxes and a tiny circular taillight and this factory brochure shows up to tell me I was wrong. "

____ Exactly what particular Diana-model you had thought of before, was a 'Mark III' version, which just shared merely the same Diana name,, and it was that early M.three version which did indeed have the description you had envisioned.
The 'Diana 250' and the '250 Diana Mark III' are rather virtually two quite different model-lines, so you weren't actually "wrong",, rather, you were just simply caught-up in the "Diana" name-confusion, as has been commonly done since the mid-'60s after the Mark-III version became so better well-known of.
__ What I find to be disconcerting is that it seems you were still surprised to learn of this major detail, well after we had already thoroughly gone through this Diana name issue a couple years back. - link-1... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=292&p=1849#p1849
So it seems that either you had since forgotten, or never believed what I had posted on the topic back then.
link-2... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=796
__ Oh-well, it seems that the "Diana" name-confusion will always forever remain stuck with us all.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”