1965 Ducati ????

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

amartina75

Re: 1965 Ducati ????

Postby amartina75 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Welcome to the forum,
It seems that you are well on your way to having everything you need to build a very nice Duke cafe racer. None of the pictures you have posted show any evidence of a Mach1 ever being close to that bike, but thats ok. As others have said the expence involved in doing a restoration is GREAT, for someone new to single dukes that can not be overstated, trust me. I would sugest that you use what you have a much as possible and don't get caught up with trying to make everything perfect. If your goal is trying to make a rideable bike that is fun it doesn't matter if every part on the bike looks brand new. You said you have other parts, if you posted some pictures of them we could help you identify them. You also said you have another frame, if it is a road model frame you might want to use it instead of the scrambler frame. The paperwork issue should be ok, i don't know about Alaska but in most states there is a provision for bikes older then say 1972 or so, you can apply for a new title if the numbers on the engine cases come up clean. You may also be able to apply for a title as a "self assembled" or "rebuilt" motorcycle. Since the Duke was set up as a race bike, there most likely was some modifications done to the engine. I'm sure others on this forum would be interested in some pictures of the head, valves, cam, piston, ports.
good luck with your project.
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”