Things fly apart

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

fhauler

Re: Things fly apart

Postby fhauler » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:26 am

1.jpg

Mike Gontesky and Bill Jean rebuilt my motor. Mike is a neighbor who used to road race in AHRMA and Bill is a retired machinist and a Vincent expert. Current project is machining a Honda CB 350 front brake hub to fit my bitsa for greater braking power.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scrambler

Re: Things fly apart

Postby Scrambler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 am

Nice to hear you have friends and people who know what they are doing. My bike was origininly my dads bike. It was ported by Erv Kanemoto back in 1967 when it was a hill climber.Erv was/is the premier guy to port a bike in the 60's. It has been everthing from a desert racer to a hill climber to a trails bike. I had it in a box after my dad passed away and decided to restore it a couple of years ago. i chose to go with a Cafe style as if were built in 66. It was a good choice as everywhere i take it it gets great comments and it runs great. Malcolme @ Syds cycle did the motor work and i added Titanium valves and aluminum rocker arms that i built in my shop. Needless to say to motor screams and runs great.I have a 1966 Honda road racing front brake on mine. Double leading shoe, it stops great. It came from a barn find when i was digging for parts. Really fun for back road rides and Track days. Nice to see that people are riding what they have built.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”