Interesting Ducati ignition?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DesmoDog

Interesting Ducati ignition?

Postby DesmoDog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 am

This is an auction for a "Ducati ignition" that doesn't look familiar to me but maybe it's for one of the smaller bikes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-N ... 1173wt_941

Looks like an all in one alternator/igntion set up that uses points...

bettyann

Re: Interesting Ducati ignition?

Postby bettyann » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 am

It's similar to a 125-98 Bronco, But the light weight aluminum, Would spoil the balance of the ducati's, as they use a heavy flywheel(Brass rotor) Capt Paul

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:33 am

" the light weight aluminum, Would spoil the balance of the ducati's, as they use a heavy flywheel(Brass rotor) "

____ There's fairly-good reason to doubt that thought, as Ducati used aluminum flywheel-rotors on many of their DUKE-models!
In fact, it was the brass-rotor which was less commonly employed (on most DUKEs)! - (Used manly on models which employed more extreme static ign.advance, as on the non-battery powered models.)

____ That eBay-item was never on any DUCATI that I know of... Ducati's electrics-division has made such parts for other motor-companies all over the world ! _ So it's hard-telling what that particular NOS-part is actually intended for !

-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

bettyann

Postby bettyann » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Re; Aluminum vs brass. The 60W Monza-Sebring flywheels were bigger And they had 2 more magnets, probably closer in weight to the small brass, just my opinion. Capt Paul.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”