Original brake finish

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

atreyu

Original brake finish

Postby atreyu » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Could someone please tell me what the original finish was on the brake hubs and brake plates? (Specifically a drum braked desmo)

My bike that I'm restoring has had its wheels rebuilt several years ago, before I got it and has stood with bare alloy hubs and so has got a nice white oxidization. The spokes are galvanized so also rather dull too. I feel that I could probably clean the hubs and rims up successfully in situe and save myself money, but I personally would like stainless spokes and polish up the hub flanges and paint the middle while apart....

So what was the original finish on the brake hubs in order to make up my mind what to do?

It's also got the original Borrani rim on the rear (WM2) and a unmarked one on the front also WM2, I presume as original it was WM2 front and rear? I was pretty temped to put the original rim on the front and put a new WM3 on the rear? Is this considered sacrilege?

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”