whoops,folding footrests.

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

whoops,folding footrests.

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Every year at MOT testing my shiney pampered 250 stands out from a procession of dirty rusty neglected Jap crap that the weary examiner has to test. We always go through a comedy routine where he pokes and fiddles with bits, and tries to catch me out with obscure regulations about numberplates,pillion rests and missing numbers etc, We sometimes even get the books out but he is only winding me up and i'm ALWAYS! right.In the middle of the test i notice that the pivot pin of the footrest has worked its way out and is about to hit the floor. I think i've managed to secretly knock it back, but he pounces and delights in giving me a finger wagging, he is a good sort though and gives me clip to hold it in. On inspection its clear that the belled ends of the pin have no matching recess on the body and its a very poor job bound to fail. A few seconds work with a countersink and its fixed. They were not cheap and looked good, check yours,don't be fooled.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”