Parts we lust after...

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DesmoDog

Re: Parts we lust after...

Postby DesmoDog » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Teckhardt wrote:The DucBits part looks like it almost could be machined to use a kickstart. There is a little flat on it already.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. It does look like it could be possible. Eldert, any comments?

I'd have to figure out what to sell next though... the engine from another project? More spare bits? A kidney?

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am

Hi Craig

yes you can machine the cover so you can use a kickstarter . but these clutches are al widecase
and you have narrowcase engines .

Eldert

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:05 pm

Eldert wrote:Hi Craig

yes you can machine the cover so you can use a kickstarter . but these clutches are al widecase
and you have narrowcase engines .

Eldert

Bummer for DesmoDog but my dream is still alive - I have a w/c ;)
1970 450 SCR

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 am

My lusting is a little more modest. When I bought my Ducati, the headlight rim was dented and had a big scrape on it. I have been looking for a replacement for over a year. I had a couple of false finds - rims I thought were correct but weren't. I finally found the correct rim last week. It arrived yesterday and is the real deal. I was so excited, I went out in the garage ( it was 16ºF today ) and installed it. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy. :D

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 am

Pete wrote:My lusting is a little more modest. When I bought my Ducati, the headlight rim was dented and had a big scrape on it. I have been looking for a replacement for over a year. I had a couple of false finds - rims I thought were correct but weren't. I finally found the correct rim last week. It arrived yesterday and is the real deal. I was so excited, I went out in the garage ( it was 16ºF today ) and installed it. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy. :D

Hey, sometimes its the little things. I love the quest for parts.
1970 450 SCR

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Add one more to the score list:

Should be shipping out soon. My list of pats to find is growing shorter... now if I can get confirmation on that headlight shell and tach drive...

Pete, I totally understand about the trim ring. I'll be a happy camper when the parts for my light finally come together. BTW - is it the 150mm ring with the peak on top? That's a "must have" in my book. I ordered one when i found it too. Now hopefully the lead on that Aprilia shell pans out... :?

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Very nice Craig :D

That reminds me of one of my lust after parts. The motoscope classic from Motogadget.

http://www.motogadget.com/en/frameset.html

The small LCD can be used for a speedo as well as several other functions. Its 80mm, same as the Veglia. Yes its modern but packing all that stuff into one small, mostly retro looking gauge is pretty cool.

1970 450 SCR

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 pm

The motogadget stuff is pretty cool. I looked at their site a while ago but decided I wanted to stick with something more traditional for this bike.

I could definitely see using something from them on a later project though.

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

DesmoDog wrote:Pete, I totally understand about the trim ring. I'll be a happy camper when the parts for my light finally come together. BTW - is it the 150mm ring with the peak on top?

No it is a round one with no tab on the bottom. It has the recessed screw like my old 750GT. It also holds a sealed beam which is a different size than the reflector style. Since I found mine, two more have appeared on EBay. Go figure.

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

This would go nice with that Oldani upfront....

http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/ducat ... d_669.html
1970 450 SCR

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”