piston and rings

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

captpaul

Re: piston and rings

Postby captpaul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am

Dew Cat Tee Bob; take a look at that nos 125 piston on e-Bay, Doesn't it look like a ohc 125 piston kit?
It's marked 56,2, and claimed 10to 1 comp. I've never seen hop up pistons for a 125 bronco,have you?
Bronco pistons probably, weren't made over 56, and a 10:1 piston might hit the small bronco head.
What do you think?

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:12 am

" take a look at that nos 125 piston on e-Bay, Doesn't it look like a ohc 125 piston kit?
It's marked 56,2, and claimed 10to 1 comp. I've never seen hop up pistons for a 125 bronco,have you? "

____ No, I haven't.
Since both models share the exact same bore_&_stroke, it's not too easy to figure for sure, (as I've never held in hand pistons from both the OHC & push-rod models, for comparison), but I tend to agree with your reasoning, c.Paul !
__ Which 125-piston were you referring to exactly,, that one which is listed at $9.99, or the one that's listed at 29.95 ?
Here's another 125-piston link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-1 ... %26ps%3D63

GoodCheers,
-Bob
Last edited by DewCatTea-Bob on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 am

Bob,
Thanks for the info and your wisdom !!

Are re-thinking this, it sounds like running without the lower oil ring is the way to go.

Tony

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 am

" it sounds like running without the lower oil ring is the way to go. "

____ If you could find a correct-size ring-set for a cheap enough price, then I'd suggest going that way instead.

DUCATIly,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”