Albany Hill Climb 2011 - Western Australia

Post about motorcycle events of a vintage nature, Ducati specific events, events you are attending and might hope to connect with another list member, etc.

Moderator: ajleone

machten

Albany Hill Climb 2011 - Western Australia

Postby machten » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 am

A bunch of us Ducati folks took the trek 570km south of Perth via the wonderful south west forest roads to Albany for the Albany Hill Climb weekend. Those of us using singles for the hill climb had them trailered down and rode our twins for the trip down and back.

We all took Friday and Monday off so we could be there for the whole weekend. This is my favourite event on the "local" calendar and is always a great weekend. The weather forecast was terrible and we left Perth in some heavy rain, but the event was favoured with good weather. That being said, we got drowned coming home on the Monday.

At the display on Saturday morning..

The venue for lunch after a hard morning at the display. It was supposed to be raining, but... :lol:

At the Hill Climb on Sunday...

My 250 M3D managed to finish one ride in front of the 750 Bonnie but I was 1-2 sec behind him on the other two...

Kev

Octane

Re: Albany Hill Climb 2011 - Western Australia

Postby Octane » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:27 am

Great shots Kev!

Would love to make it over there 1 year for this!

machten

Postby machten » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Well, PM me if you ever decide to come over for it Octane. We stay with friends on a farm close by and there's plenty of space. First weekend in November every year. I used my 750 Sport last year, but the top half of the climb through the twisty bits is made for singles like your Mach 1. Nothing like giving those big bikes a start up the first bend of the hill and then reeling them in (and sometimes dipping inside and past them) through the twists!

This was our farm shed overnight pits setup from last year's event.

And one of our Ducati crew's other bikes used for the hill climb last year...

Good bikes, good company, good roads, good event....Wonderful fun!!! I'm tempted to say it is the best fun you can have wearing leather, but then perhaps I've had a sheltered life. :D

Kev

machten

Postby machten » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Had to share one more photo I got tonight of my MK3D 250 using an early 1960's Rolleiflex camera and Kodak B&W film. Photo credits to John and Andy McKinnon who also developed the film in their own lab. Classic!!

Kev

Octane

Postby Octane » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 am

Nice shot!

I'm planning to get out on mine to take some nice shots with my Mamiya twin lens soon. I just need to fix the oil leak first :roll:

Return to “Events”