Hurricane Giro 2016

Post about motorcycle events of a vintage nature, Ducati specific events, events you are attending and might hope to connect with another list member, etc.

Moderator: ajleone

Snakeoil

Hurricane Giro 2016

Postby Snakeoil » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Rode the Hurricane Giro, based out of Williamstown, MA this past weekend. Well, I rode half of it, anyway. I managed to stub my toe heading to the bathroom in the middle of the night and broke my little piggy. Had to pass on Sunday's run as I could not get my foot in my boot.

The roads, roughly 160 miles worth, on Saturday were amazing. No shortage of twisties and elevation changes. The Sat AM route started out by climbing Mt. Greylock, going around the circle at the top and heading back down.

There were at least two 250 Duc Scramblers there. One was pristinely restored. I never snapped any pics and regret that now. But there might be pics on Stevemotoevents.com, the homesite for the Hurricane.

If you like to ride your small Bevelheads and be in good company for two days, you might consider riding in the Hurricane Giro next spring. Steve said he plan on running both a spring and fall event next year. Check the website above for updates.

Rob

kmev

Re: Hurricane Giro 2016

Postby kmev » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:03 am

I've always been interested in a Giro. Where is the website?

Barnwell

Postby Barnwell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:57 pm

I rode a 66 Scrambler in both the Hurricane and the USCRA Giros this month. Sunday on the USCRA Giro was my birthday and my bib number was (luck of the draw) my new age - 64!

Snakeoil

Postby Snakeoil » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Barnwell, I know you. We were talking at the Hurricane about your 250. I told you I was in the process of getting the pieces together to build a Monza. We also talked about how to get out of Brattleboro yesterday due to the construction chaos.

I'm about to post a Motogiro report in this section.

Rob

Snakeoil

Postby Snakeoil » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 pm

kmev wrote:I've always been interested in a Giro. Where is the website?

They only have a FB page. The website is a disaster due to a former director having a falling out with the owner of the USCRA and being the webmaster, vindictively screwed up the website. There is a USCRA website that will contain info. But the FB pages is your best bet. Just use for Motogiro-USA on FB.

The Hurricane Giro is very similar and a new event that came about because they ran a Motogiro in the south rather than in the NE and riders not going to the South event wanted an event to ride up here. There have been two and both were well run. They took have a FB page as well as a separate webpage. FB is Hurricane Giro and website is stevemotoevents.com.

Next Motogiro is going to be in Asheville, NC in the spring. Next Hurricane Giro is also in the spring, but dates and venue are not selected yet.

regards,
Rob

Return to “Events”