SLO Classic 2014

Post about motorcycle events of a vintage nature, Ducati specific events, events you are attending and might hope to connect with another list member, etc.

Moderator: ajleone

Scrambler

SLO Classic 2014

Postby Scrambler » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:23 pm

I just returned from the Central Coast Vintage Motorcycle club show. What used to be a small local type of show has become a big event. A lot of the bikes from The Quail Gathering showed up this year as well as several bikes from Jay Leno’s collection. The array of bikes was really great. A lot of British vintage bikes. There was a Track Master framed Vincent street tracker that was outrageous in quality of workmanship. I took second place in the Café class. I don’t feel too bad as the bike that beat me was a Magni Triumph Triple that was built in Italy by the people who make the MV Agusta race bikes ( $$$$$ ) and finished by Triple Tech in northern California. Nice sounding bike with triple swan megaphones. This bike has won at The Quail before as well. I put about 800 miles on the bike over four days of riding down and back and club rides up the coast. Looking forward to going back next year as they really put on a nice event and it goes to charity. Virgil Elling's of the Solvang motorcycle museum was the MC. He has quite a collection of mostly vintage race bikes if you are every in the Solvang area.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

double diamond

Re: SLO Classic 2014

Postby double diamond » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Another few interesting entrants in the show were Virgil Elling’s NSU Rennmax, an original unrestored Bultaco TSS and an Amazonas, which I had never before seen in the metal (and there’s lots of it!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Events”