Quail Gathering 2014

Post about motorcycle events of a vintage nature, Ducati specific events, events you are attending and might hope to connect with another list member, etc.

Moderator: ajleone

Scrambler

Quail Gathering 2014

Postby Scrambler » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 am

Getting the bike ready to go to The Quail Gathering bike show in May. I have a few changes to make to the bike. Adding a swing arm outer support to steady the frame. Other than that just tweaking the little things to get all the little details cleaned up. This years "theme" is 100 years of Bonneville Land Speed racing. So there should be some notable bikes at the show. Hopefully the Rollie Free Vincent will be there. I have been involved with a team that we run a 29 Modified Hiboy Roadster for over 20 years at both Bonneville and El Mirage, so it will be cool to see some of the bikes represented that have history. I have run the Ducati several times at El Mirage and am still working on breaking the 200 KPH mark, I am close, so this year should get me past my goal.We should see Burt Munroe's Indian if it can make it. I saw it at Bonneville years ago and that would be a highlight. I'll post a bunch of pictures after the show.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scrambler

Re: Quail Gathering 2014

Postby Scrambler » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Back from the show. What a great turn out of the bikes that have run at Bonneville. The Rollie Free Vincent was there, as were almost all of the notable/record breaking streamliners from the past and present. The Cycle World staff put on a 75 mile ride Saturday morning that included a nice breakfast stop and ride around the Monterey peninsula. Great event if you are every in California in May. A nice group of Ducati singles were there this year as well.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gtrench

Postby gtrench » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:37 am

Any more pics of the Ducati F3's? Don't see those too often, especially a 125 F3.
Thanks,
Gabe Trench

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Sorry, did not have any more of the 125. Do have this one of the historic bevels. The cardboard standups "almost" look real.

Mike Mc

gtrench

Postby gtrench » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for checking Mike. You're right, those cardboard cutouts made me do a double-take!
-Gabe

Return to “Events”