@ The Quail Gathering

Post about motorcycle events of a vintage nature, Ducati specific events, events you are attending and might hope to connect with another list member, etc.

Moderator: ajleone

Scrambler

@ The Quail Gathering

Postby Scrambler » Mon May 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Rode the bike down to Carmel Friday to setup for the show on Saturday. Nice ride, a little awkward with my track stand stapped to my backpack along with all the other stuff i had. It is only a 75 mile ride down so not too bad. If possible the bikes were even better this year. I entered the bike in the custom / modified class this year. No trophy, as there were some awesome bikes in the class. The guy that beat me out flew his bike in from Osaka Japan to show. It was a hand built custom / sculpture of a bike. WAY over the edge as far as design. I think I will go back to the European class next year, although as a café it is hard to compete with a “proper” restoration. In the competition class I entered last year I was judged against bikes that had history as either raced by a famous rider or at famous tracks. No worries it is still good to talk with people and tell them about the bikes history. I took part in a 115 mile ride with about 50 bikes Friday afternoon. One of the stops was 3 laps around the Laguna Seca race course. With over 150 bikes displayed on the greens you could easily find something you had never seen before. everything from unrestored barn finds to professionally restored Vincents. The British bikes were well represented. Several people flew in entire collections from Europe. Amazing array of the best bikes from all parts of the world.

Enjoy Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Events”